Topic: Yamaha LL36 Lotus Series Acoustic Guitar

I have 5 acoustic guitars in 5 different locations (USA and Europe).  I’m a management consultant and a “road warrior��  constantly traveling for my job residing 3-6 months at new locations. Now I’m working in Switzerland and recently purchased a new Yamaha LL36. It seems Yamaha discontinued this model but it was love at first sight and sound… expensive though but it creates a playing experience like no other with an incredible sound and feel. 

Does anyone else have experiences with Yamaha Lotus Series guitars?  Any suggestions on string size/weight (I predominately play finger-picking style)?

Thanks...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

Yamaha - LL36 - Acoustic - Handcrafted

Re: Yamaha LL36 Lotus Series Acoustic Guitar

I play mostly fingerpick and I like Elixir Nanoweb .12s or D'Addorio Phosphor Bronze .12s.  It's all a matter of personal taste and what sounds right on your guitar.  The nice thing is that strings are cheap.  Buy a few different styles and if you don't like the way one sounds, take them off and put on some different ones for a while. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Yamaha LL36 Lotus Series Acoustic Guitar

Happy NGD!  (new guitar day)... I second Zurf's statement, "its all a matter of personal taste"

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.