Topic: Whitney Houston dies at only 48

It`s funny(not ha ha),when Elvis died at 42 in 1977,I was only 17. He seemed so old. So did John lennon in 1980 at 40. Now I am 51 and I say that elvis was only 42.John lennon was only 40 and whitney houston was only 48. Funny how age makes old young.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Whitney Houston dies at only 48

Its a tragedy to lose such a talented artiste.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It is tragic, drugs and booze have contributed to the demise of many talented people way before there time and it comes as no surprise that people look much older living a life of abuse then those who dont.Another great artist is gone.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Very sad. Whatever drugs she did when she fell from stardom really screwed her up. Her comeback seemed failed from the start. Once you go that far off it's hard to turn it around no matter how good you were. I say were because I think she had lost what she built her career on. From the performances I saw recently, she just was'n't the same. But a great talent none the less. Singer still strive to sing like Whitney.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote myself when Amy Winehouse died,  the inevitable end of all junkies is that they either get clean, or they die.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

It is unfortunate that these artistes become so rich and powerful that no-one in their entourage dare say anything against the excesses for fear of losing a grossly overpaid job.

In both cases we have lost an incredible talent.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Many who are not wealthy and have no entourage meet the same fate.  Addiction is a great equalizer.  It does not recognize bank account values nor color of skin.  I feel for all of them.  That said, recognizing the talent of Ms. Houston does not diminish the value of those addicts who suffer and die without recognition.  I wish that the recognition given to her would shine a light on the suffering of others.  There's not much that others can do - and in fact doing anything for them can be worse than doing nothing.  But collectively, we cannot and should not be heartless. 

Ms. Houston completely changed pop music.  Her runs and trills came out of the pews and into pop on the power of her voice and her interpretive vision.  I do not care for that style, but I recognize her influence and her talent.  But even that incredible amount of talent can do nothing in the face of addiction.  Only tremendous will supplemented in most cases by the grace of God can overcome those desires.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude