Topic: Where are all the 90's and 2000's hiding???

Hi there, i'm new to chordie, i love your work. Makes me feel like a rockstar in my bedroom haha.
Can i have some help please finding some newer songs.
I'm trying to learn some newer stuff as i've played my fave's way to much.
Also wanna be the cool aunty thats rocks on, not the old one lalalaing.
I love all sorts of stuff.
Thanks alot...xoxox

Re: Where are all the 90's and 2000's hiding???

Welcome to Chordie Kate!!!!!!!

If you have any particular songs in mind you can look them up via the Artists or Songs page.

Good luck!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers thanks,
Just thought I might get some songbook recommendations.
As there are soooo many.
I always 'keep rockin' haha
...xo

Hi Kate and welcome to Chordie and the forums!  I must say, I'm mid thirties and I play more "old" stuff than I do new stuff.  We're talking, the stuff Dad played on his guitar.  LOL!  As for newer... maybe some Taylor Swift???  Good luck!
Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

5 (edited by Roger Guppy 2012-01-28 17:25:40)

Whenever I do have an audience (even if it's just the cat) Robbie Williams "Let me entertain you" works like a charm... also: Unlikely stuff like "Edge of Glory" is fun with the guitar... (Ok, I feel the need to justify myself here: I don't like Lady Gaga... but I can't bring myself to not like the Big Man's last recordings). Coldplay, Plain White T's, Green Day... Are my books public? lemme check, but there is lot's of rubbish in there as well...

*Edit to remove a dubious word*

Go on youtube and check out yourguitarsage. He has lots of vids and I'm sure you can find a little something there.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Chordie from across the pond, KCC! It's a gooood place...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Thanks everybody for your input. Its been a while between visits.
Am thoroughly enjoying my Chordie experience.
Cheers..xox

Welcome to chordie from massachusetts. The spirit of america. At least that`s what the plates on my car say

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Hey Kate, welcome to chordie. What kind of music? Country? I've got some good country. I'm 19 so I play mainly new music. But keep in mind, a lot of your audience will be 'older' so it's good to learn the oldies too. (i.e. hotel California, dust in the wind, all Beatles songs, etc.) I've learned several Taylor Swifts, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Band Perry, maybe a Miranda Lambert or two. Not sure where I got all the music, and I don't have a song book, but I'll give you some links:

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … gid=106101        Taylor swift, etc.

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=72750          Carrie Underwood, Trace Adkins, Shanie Twain

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … gid=296516        Several great songs!

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … gid=252524        Christian

Hope this helps!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Jason Maraz is one I really like,otherwise I do know of any and the music I heare from these era's do not do anything for me.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman