Topic: What would Santa bring?

Hi Everyone,

First of all I'd just like to wish everybody a really happy Christmas and hope you all have a great new year.
I was just wondering, if Santa could bring you any guitar you wanted, what would it be? I would personally love a Gibson Acoustic Firebird. Not only does it have the Gibson build quality and superb tone, I also think it is one of the most beautiful guitars out there.
If only.....

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

Re: What would Santa bring?

Oh a Gretsch White Falcon for me please.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

That one Martin at the store that I keep eyeballing everytime I go in there.  It's not fancy or expensive (for a Martin) but it's just right.  Maybe he could include a pickup and an acoustic amp too... but just the guitar would be fine with me.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Buzzwagon wrote:

Jerry

I'd never heard of one of those so I looked it up. Very nice! You'd have to be very good all year to get one I suspect!

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

Mine would be a Martin J-40. Although the White Falcon would do nicely.

Joe

Martin full mahogany 000-15.  While he's at it, a couple LR Baggs Anthem pickups would be nice too. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Greatbigdave wrote:
Buzzwagon wrote:

Jerry

I'd never heard of one of those so I looked it up. Very nice! You'd have to be very good all year to get one I suspect!

My friend Richard has one and says it is the best thing since sliced bread. I have played it several times but, if I am honest, I find the neck uncomfortable. Mind you I have noticed that lately he is usually seen with his MIA Strat in his hands.

My Christmas wish would be for a 'Fat Strat'

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Under my tree, I would love to find a Maton Messiah 12 string. The sweetest sounding and looking guitar I have ever had in my hands.
There is one on e-bay for around $4000 at the moment.  Wifey tells me to dream on.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

An acoustic 12 string would be the one gift I dream about.  Aint much on brand names - its all about how it sings to me.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I would probably want a Martin HD-28VS

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

this one guitar I played is a beauty.    1963 Guild acoustic,

Merry Christmas all.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Stonebridge Cedar/EIR 14 fret OM with ebony bindings and buttons please smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I'd like a big stocking full of Talent. And a better memory to so I could play without my songbook.. And vocal range.. If I can't get that, maybe a Telecaster and a pair of Marshall 6 x 12's - If I can't play it good, I'll play it loud and louder is always better

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It would be the gretsch white falcon too.That is a work of art.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Think that I would like one of the martins that I would have a choice of,and a decent singing voice.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Honestly I have no idea. I haven't played many guitars so I don't know what my dream one is. I'm happy with what I have. I tend to lean away from hype so Gibson and Martin are very low on my list. I'm sure they are great guitars but eh.....

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see past that Gibson SJ-200

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Have to say, that would be pretty high on my list too. Maybe next Christmas!!
Lord knows what I'd be like if I won the lottery, I'd need a house just for the guitars!!!

I'm with Zurf: Martin 000-15M.

Merry Christmas!

Greatbigdave wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

Have to say, that would be pretty high on my list too. Maybe next Christmas!!

Same here.  I've had my eye on the SJ-200 for a few months now.  I like the look of the sunburst, but the blondie sounds better IMO.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

alvee33 wrote:

Well it is a jumbo. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A 000 or OM size acoustic built by Wayne Henderson.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Or maybe a Martin 000-15SM.