Re: Wanna buy midpriced acoustic! Any advice.

If u in aussie  look at your Aussie brand ashton got one in package deal in nz  only $200 nz$
which is $150 A
got it set up nice  sounds like a $800  guitar
really really good  also built in tuner

The King Of Audio Torture

Hi Brian,

We sell Ashton guitars here in Portugal too. They are made in China although the parent company is Austalian. The quality of manufacure and the electrics are very good for a budget priced guitar and the, off the shelf, action is fine too. They do many packages complete with gig bag, strap and amp also.

Perhaps we can see a picture of yours smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

jerome.oneil wrote:
Greatbigdave wrote:

I did the same as you last weekend! Went into the shop with cash so I couldn't over spend and played everything I could afford. Ended up with a Breedlove Atlas. It is absolutely wonderful. I can thoroughly recomend them.

Great choice.

I love my Atlas.  Their customer service is top shelf, too.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BBkOY … 171-37.jpg

I agree Jerome!!! Love my BREEDLOVES!!!!!

Zurf wrote:

I like the basement walls Jerome.  I used to have my basement painted to look as if it were the bottom of a pool - blue with the wavy lines all over it.  Then it got flooded.  When the damage was repaired and the basement remodeled, I told my wife we should paint piles of money and gold coins on the walls. 
Sounds like a good idea zurf,try it and let us know.
- Zurf

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:

I like the basement walls Jerome.  I used to have my basement painted to look as if it were the bottom of a pool - blue with the wavy lines all over it.  Then it got flooded.  When the damage was repaired and the basement remodeled, I told my wife we should paint piles of money and gold coins on the walls. 

- Zurf

Haha!  I wish my basement looked like that.  That is actually in the tavern where we play a lot.  If you ever hear me mention "Poggie Time,"  that's what I'm referring to.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Gidday Roger,

The guitar i bought was for a friends daughter,it seemed ok in the shop.nothing special.
Then i got it set up took it home and played it,WoW i didn`t want to give it back.
this is a great guitar for $200 nz it`s amazing value.

ps can`t do the photo as i had to give it back

The King Of Audio Torture

Whatever you buy, buy used. Lets someone else eat the depreciation.

I've been playing a Crafter semi-acoustic guitar for the last 6 years and am still very happy about it. It's 'medium-priced' and many people have been amazed of the great sound it produces, and it plays so smooth...Tried far more expensive guitars like yamaha, fender (not the cheapest ones)...and still prefer my crafter. Of course this might be a personal opinion but as I said, it amazed many people...They are distributed in Australia as well.

got to agree, i bought my crafter semi-acoustic 3-4 years ago, i walked into a guitar shop just to pass the time saw the crafter sat and strummed for a couple of minutes when my mobile started ringing. it was the wife. i'd been there over an hour! i also have a fender acoustic (f90 i think) and a 12 string. both sound good, but the crafter is the one i pick-up to practise and record on.

i've also tried ashton guitar strings. sound great new but they fade pretty quick. by bass still sounds good with them though.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.