Topic: BEATLES MUSIC BLOCKED!!!

Today I tried to access beatles songs in my songbook and it says they are blocked to people originating from the UK. I am born and raised in the U.S. is there a way I can still access these songs since it says only U.K. people are blocked?
Thanks,
Ryan

2 (edited by badeye 2011-05-05 22:43:46)

Re: BEATLES MUSIC BLOCKED!!!

Check this site out for beatle tunes..

http://lennonchords.info/

use the left side to find beatle songs..

hope this helps...    Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forums; if you do a search within the forum for "Beatles" you'll find that this is a known issue.  Unfortunately our fearless leader, coder, programmer, awesome web admin hasn't yet found a solution that will keep all the members happy as well as the lawyers.  sad 

Amy

ps... Roger, maybe we should make a sticky for this issue?  I can throw something together when I get a few moments if you'd like.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

thats really a shame the peoplein the uk can not see thier beatles here and have them in there songbooks.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

mekidsmom wrote:

ps... Roger, maybe we should make a sticky for this issue?  I can throw something together when I get a few moments if you'd like.

Good idea Amy. I will leave that in your capable  hands wink.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

We the people honor the talent of the people who sweated and wrote the songs. I feel that we sing and play the songs they wrote, become immortal. The royalities due to the beancounter when I sing Yellow Submarine to my grandson on a musicial picnic. I'll throw a penny down roll

I know there are several other tab sites (Not as good as Chordie!!) where all the Beatles songs are freely available. Why, if the songs are not stored on Chordie, cant we use them in the UK, or are the other tab sites heading for big trouble. Off with their heads I say!!!! (The Beancounters, that is)

Whoops, I still didn't get anything written up!

Chris Ibbotson, Chordie actually had to block them because legal action WAS taken against Chordie.  Sucks.  The other sites are probably headed for trouble too.  sad Either that, or they've agreed to pay royalties to the beancounters.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

chris its too bad you can not get them in england,I have the ones I like and I printed them out you may try too do the same at the other sights before they loose them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman