Topic: What's this Reggae song called ?

Hi guy's ,   my step son is just begining to learn to drum following a holiday in Gambia ,   and he had some lessons with the drummer in this restaurant band ,   and they allowed him to play on stage with them after only 1 days lesson .

I've video'd some of the bands stuff ,  but I don't know the name of this song ,  or who it's by ,   can any of you guys help me ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CQSNoJDwo

cheers , Jim.

Re: What's this Reggae song called ?

This is probably an original song. Club bands play these three chord reggae tunes six nights a week. They often get the rhythm and chords going and then plug in lead vocal - making it up as they go. If one of these jams is a hit they write it down on their songlist and try to do something similar the next night.
My grandson got a full trap set on Slingerland drums from a retiring drummer. Of course he wanted me to haul them around to our gigs and take 30 minutes or more to set them up for him. Phooey on that!
I bought him a single jembe drum that produces high and low sounds that he plays with his bare hands on a stand. I may get him a single cymbal on a stand he can strike with his hands. This is enough to add a lot more rhythm to my guitar and our vocals without hauling a whole trap set.
I suggest you buy him some reggae recordings he can drum along with. The tunes vary but the rhythm line stays much the same. Get him to solo over the predictable gaps in the music.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: What's this Reggae song called ?

Thanks for your help ,  but my instinct says that it is a cover of a well known song ,   as I'm sure I'd heard it before  ,   and  I recognised most of there other stuff ,  they are a covers band.

I'm thinking of buying my step son a cheap full set of drums for his christmas & and as a congratulations for doing so well in all his recent exams , where he got  " A "  pass   in most subjects .

I'll probably buy him something like this ,  for £155 ,  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-BOXED-F … 27b7348ca2

tubatooter1940 wrote:

This is probably an original song. Club bands play these three chord reggae tunes six nights a week. They often get the rhythm and chords going and then plug in lead vocal - making it up as they go. If one of these jams is a hit they write it down on their songlist and try to do something similar the next night.

My grandson got a full trap set on Slingerland drums from a retiring drummer. Of course he wanted me to haul them around to our gigs and take 30 minutes or more to set them up for him. Phooey on that!

I bought him a single jembe drum that produces high and low sounds that he plays with his bare hands on a stand. I may get him a single cymbal on a stand he can strike with his hands. This is enough to add a lot more rhythm to my guitar and our vocals without hauling a whole trap set.

I suggest you buy him some reggae recordings he can drum along with. The tunes vary but the rhythm line stays much the same. Get him to solo over the predictable gaps in the music.
toots