Topic: Ode to my Dog up on Soundclick

www.soundclick.com/danbernhardt

i just finished recording.  *disclaimer* not responsible for emotional responses (I barely got through the vocals)

Music is my savior/I was maimed by Rock and Roll/I was tamed by Rock and Roll/I got my name/From Rock and Roll

-Jeff Tweedy

Re: Ode to my Dog up on Soundclick

hi dan i can relate to this,i've lost two dogs in the last 15 years,its always the hardest part to let go when you've had them for so long,but its better to let go than see them suffer,a lovely song,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Jeff,

You did well to record this song. Thanks for taking the time to do so as it is so much better to hear what melody and tempo is intended. Mind you, I notice that you dropped it a semitone from what was posted which caught me out for a moment as I played along with you smile.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Dan (Roger I think you got confused with his signature quote) - As you already know by now, I love this song!  I also shared with friends on facebook.  Your voice truly amazes me, and the point where you clearly get choked up in the song only adds to the true emotional quality of that point in the story (everyone's story that has been there).  I appreciate the true emotion as well as great playing.  Excellent job, excellent song.

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I get confused very easily these days, you can blame a certain waitress, but enough of that lol.

Sorry Dan. Amy is right, then again women always are wink.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

@Amy, thank you for your kind words and for sharing my music with your friends as well.  This song seems to tap into some part of the human/dog relationship that has been developing for over 10,000 years.  I've received other feedback on it and it seems to really touch people.

@Rodger, you can call me Jeff Tweedy if you want, I won't correct you.  I would suggest any of his albums (Wilco albums, in particular) to everyone in this forum.  Alt-Country, Roots Rock, Folk, and Other at it's finest.    "Being There" is a great starting point, if you get a chance to check it out.

@DaddyCool, I'm sorry to hear about your two dogs.  It is better to eliminate that pain and suffering of a good friend, but it is so hard to do...stay cool!!!

Music is my savior/I was maimed by Rock and Roll/I was tamed by Rock and Roll/I got my name/From Rock and Roll

-Jeff Tweedy