Topic: Adjusting Guitar Saddle on Accoustic Electric

Any suggestions on how to adjusted the saddle on an Yamaha accoustic electric?  I would like to lower the action a little more and I've got the neck already perfectly straight with the truss rod adjusment.   

Can the saddle be replaced?  Can it be sanded down? The top is not smooth but has offsets, so I don't see sanding the the top. The bottom is wired to the guitar which I assume means the the saddle is part of the electric pickup, so I'm not sure what to do.  Anyone else run into this problem?

Re: Adjusting Guitar Saddle on Accoustic Electric

Hi Hookem, welcome to chordie!

An excellent write up about saddle adjustments can be found here:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musicia … ion01.html

Hope that helps!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by HookEm83 2010-09-16 22:22:56)

topdown wrote:

Hi Hookem, welcome to chordie!

An excellent write up about saddle adjustments can be found here:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musicia … ion01.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, but I don't think I can do any of that to this saddle because the top of the saddle is "compensated" and the bottom has wires attached to it.

There shouldn't be wires attached to the saddle itself.... There may be a USP (under saddle pickup ) that has become stuck to the bottom of the saddle but a real light tug/pry should separate them and allow removal and adjustment of the saddle....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I will examine that possibility at the next string change.  I was pretty sure it was connected, if it is I will try to take a picture and post.