Topic: New Avatar

The tattoo thread got me going. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: New Avatar

That's hilarious, Zurf.  Good one.  Ban the B

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Zurf wrote:

The tattoo thread got me going. 

- Zurf

love it. that'd be a lot of work on the buttocks though. good thing its fleshy

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Ha ha ha!  LOVE IT!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Is there a reason you guitarists don't like the B chord?  I'm asking because, on the uke, it's a b-tch to play and I'll go WAY out of my way to transpose any song with a B or Bb in it to any other key!

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

6 (edited by bensonp 2010-05-10 20:15:04)

Just for those of us that can't play a barre chord very good.  Not only do you have to barre with your first finger, but you also have to hold three strings down 2 frets higher.  You only hear complaints from those of us who can't barre well.  In other words we don't practice the barre chords enough to get good, after playing open chords for many years.
Zurf can expalin much better than I how evil and dark the B chord can be.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

7 (edited by Zurf 2010-05-10 21:01:08)

bensonp wrote:

Zurf can expalin much better than I how evil and dark the B chord can be.

The B chord is the primary cause of divorce world-wide.
Every conspiracy theory you've ever heard is true, and the B chord was behind them all.
The B chord will poison your mind, your heart, and your fingers.
The B chord is known to the state of California to cause cancer.
The B chord makes a grown man cry, a young child go bad, and a dog bite. 
The B chord does simply horrible things to your pets while you're at work.  It's why they're so weird. 
It was the B chord that put the serpent up to it in the Garden.
The B chord is the only thing to make Chuck Norris afraid. 
It was the B chord that caused dinosaurs to go extinct. 
The moon used to be part of the earth, until it insulted the B chord. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

LOL.  I knew you could give a full and decisive explanation.  I think Jack the Ripper aslo favored the B chord.

9 (edited by Zurf 2010-05-10 21:01:57)

bensonp wrote:

I think Jack the Ripper aslo favored the B chord.

Almost certainly.  As did Chairman Mao, Stalin, and Idi Amin.  Though I think Mike Tyson once knocked out the B chord at 1:17 in the second round.

10 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-05-10 21:13:34)

Zurf wrote:
bensonp wrote:

I think Jack the Ripper aslo favored the B chord.

Almost certainly.  As did Chairman Mao, Stalin, and Idi Amin.  Though I think Mike Tyson once knocked out the B chord at 1:17 in the second round.

Not sure about the Mike Tyson one... I seem to remember him biting off more than he could chew, so to speak smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

11 (edited by bensonp 2010-05-10 21:17:24)

As a matter of fact, I did some serious checking and found out that all serial killers were kept in the dark basement and forced to learn the B chord before they could be released.

12 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-05-10 21:24:04)

Some claim that the B has even polluted it's neighbors, anyone have hard feelings toward the Bb or B#/C?? or is it all just the B's fault? Or Maybe the real root of all this evil is the A....I hear that's where the others get their start.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey I just realized that Zurf has "Barred" the B chord... lol

"The B chord is the only thing to make Chuck Norris afraid."
"Zurf has "Barred" the B chord... "

These are my favorites!  big_smile  Although, I have to admit that I like them all!  I have been spring cleaning the girls' bedroom all day... I needed a good laugh big_smile  Thank you!

Zurf, I think you could officially add a few more lines to your signature after all this today.

B afraid , B very afraid......

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

16 (edited by Zurf 2010-05-11 01:03:57)

Seriously though, that avatar would make a decent tattoo.

Zurf wrote:

Seriously though, that avatar would make a decent tattoo.

Yes, yes it would. If your ever down my way i'll do it for free.

Reverend Horton Heat

I agree... it would make for a cool tattoo.  A nice fine single needle for the fretboard, and then  that big ole fat red hatch across the whole thing!  The only problem is that you'd have to show us if you ever got it done!  big_smile ha ha!

Selso, you do tattoos too?  Well my, why didn't you say so before?  Website with pictures???

A tattoo - No , that'd be worse than the B chord . . . . . . . ducks as various missiles fly past head.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Worse than the B chord!?!  I don't think you're playing it right.  :-)

OK, so are you talking about the "B" chord, as in the one that lies between Bb and C and takes eleven fingers to play on a uke, or is "B" just short for "Barre" chord?

(Sorry...all those responses were really funny, but I need to know if you're all laughing with me or AT me sad

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

We are laughing with you, of course.  It is the B chord we are talking about.  It is just very difficult to play for some of us.  Since it is so hard to play, we just get together and make fun of it.

B chord good B chord friend lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

PapaTom wrote:

OK, so are you talking about the "B" chord, as in the one that lies between Bb and C and takes eleven fingers to play on a uke, or is "B" just short for "Barre" chord?

(Sorry...all those responses were really funny, but I need to know if you're all laughing with me or AT me sad

Take the 11 fingered chord you need for your uke and add two strings and four more fingers and you've got the B chord for guitar.  The chord chart for it is in my new avatar.  You have to barre at the second fret all the way across, and then barre the D, G, and B strings but not the high e string at the fourth fret.  It's evil, I tell you.  Evil.  The chord can only be played by mutants, like Russell.  [LONG LIVE THE MUTANTS!!]

Russell once wrote a whole song that used nothing but B shaped barre chords called "Zurf and the Evil B".  There's something wrong with his head but his fingers work real good.  I think he's got a little cat DNA.  Except instead of retractable claws like a cat has, Russell has retractable fingers in the pads of his palm. 

- Zurf

25 (edited by selso 2010-05-11 17:44:12)

mekidsmom wrote:

I agree... it would make for a cool tattoo.  A nice fine single needle for the fretboard, and then  that big ole fat red hatch across the whole thing!  The only problem is that you'd have to show us if you ever got it done!  big_smile ha ha!

Selso, you do tattoos too?  Well my, why didn't you say so before?  Website with pictures???

It's more of a hobby then an occupation. I learned when I was locked up. Great way to kill time. I always loved to draw so it just kinda came natural. One of my many squandered "talents".

Reverend Horton Heat