Topic: ABOUT CAPO'S

- Since last week I have that famous that "famous" SPIDER CAPO.
- You put it on the first, (up to 7-8th fret) and pay very good attention that the little wheels are COVERING each 1 string.
Than you have a kind of little handle which allows you to lift the wheels of each string, resulting in an open tuning.
With my 2 paralyzed fingers, it gives me again a chord AND the ability to play again, resulting in playing more "finger picking" a skill that I never used (because of my legendary laziness), but know I need to play or "finger picking" or "plectrum picking."
So I start to play different, and now  it is all up to me to continue playing.
The song will come soon.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by geoaguiar 2010-04-19 17:18:03)

Re: ABOUT CAPO'S

Awesome...better to be playing than not to be playing!!!! And when your hand gets better you'll be a more versatile, complete player because of this. Way to turn tragedy into triumph!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Doc,
What about just tuning one of your fine guitars to an open tuning and playing with a slide or bar?  Sorry, if you've already discussed this in another post,  I was just curious if you had tried something like open D, E, G or A.
Best Wishes

Now available in 5G !

Good to hear you've found a way to continue that works for you Doc.  When one truly loves music, no ailment can stop them from enjoying it.  Even the deaf are capable of enjoying a beat.  Play on!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.