Topic: I know this has been asked before, but pickups?

Hey guys
I'm probably getting some pickups installed soon, question is what kind.
I've got a pretty good axe, a Guild GAD 25. Two options the guy recommended were L.R Baggs or Fishman, those were the ones they had.  Any recommendations? What kind are best, what style...
also any ideas on good acoustic amps? That's gonna follow.
I am a pretty advanced player who knows nothing about electronics, always been acoustic.

Thanks guys! Chordie is the bomb.

Mark

Re: I know this has been asked before, but pickups?

I had the Seymour Duncan Woody and did not like it. It sounded "fake". Thats the only way I know how to describe it. That pushed me into the direction of a different guitar as I was not attached to that particular one. I bought a Taylor 110e. It has the "Taylor Expression System" for a pick-up. I don't know what that is similar to, but it is as "real" or accurate sounding as I've ever heard. I think it is more of the under saddle piezo transducer type of thing than some bolt on type thing, like the Woody. I think that the under saddle things require a little work, but sound alot better that the things that clip or bolt on to the sound hole. They're invisible to.

Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend is an under saddle Piezo and an internal condensor mic at the end of a positionable gooseneck.  I love it, but the mic has a tendency to easily feedback in a live setting.  Controls are all inside the sound hole and include: mic-piezo blend, volume, phase switch and mic trim.  Operates on a 9 volt battery that seems to last about 2-6 months depending on your gigging schedule.

No on-board tuner.

Now available in 5G !

I've got Fishman Classic IV on my Breedlove, and am generally happy with it.  As noted, it does tend to feed back if you don't control the mids, or get yourself between your amp and your guitar, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]