1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-05 17:34:50)

Topic: Nashville Girl

Nashville Girlby Wayne Fiala

Original Female singer version

[G]Just outside of Nashville, there is a little [C]farm. Two [D7]hundred twenty acres, a house and

a [G]barn.That's where I grew up, that's where I was [C]born, on two [D7]hundred twenty acres

in a house that's always [G]warm.

I played in the back yard,and climbed the big oak [C]tree. [D7]I loved every moment,daddy

pushed me in my [G]swing.I love to shop in Nashville, count famous people that are [C]there.

There are [D7]people on the sidewalks, and music every [G]where.Go [C]see the"Grand Ol Opry"

ever now and [G]then.When I go to Nashville, It's not hard to under[C]stand, why [D7]every other

person has, a-guitar swingin from a [G]hand.

When [G]I grew up, I left home, and [D7]joined the corporate [G]world.I wasn't gone long, I came

back home, [D7]where my life was [G]good.Why on earth I ever left, I've [D7]never under[G]stood.

Cauzz, [C]Just outside of Nashville, there is a little [G]farm.Two hundred twenty acres, a [D7]house

and a [G]barn.[C]That's where I grew up, that's where I was [G]born, on two hundred twenty acres

in a [D7]house that is [G]warm.

I played in the back yard,and climbed the big oak [C]tree. I [D7]loved every moment,daddy

pushed me in my [G]swing.I love to shop in Nashville, count famous people that are [C]there.

There are [D7]people on the sidewalks, and music every [G]where.Go [C]see the "Grand ol Opry"

ever now and [G]then.Yeah, If you go to Nashville,you will under[C]stand,why [D7]every other

person has, a-guitar swingin from a [G]hand.

[C]Just outside of Nashville, that's where I was [G]born.

And, that's where I will live and die, [D7]on my little [G]farm.

On two [D7]hundred twenty acres, In a house that is warm.

On two [D7]hundred twenty acres, In a house that's al-ways [G]warm.

Re: Nashville Girl

Oh such a sweet wee song Sir,

I'd so love to go to the "Grand ole Opry" That would be a real treat.

Maybe put it on my wish list. Im gonna have to live to be a 100 !
Only 80 years to go big_smile

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Nashville Girl

Thank you Old Doll.  My wish for you is to live another 80 years, and get to go to the Grand ol Opry.  Personally I think you should be singing at the Grand ol Opry.  You're quite young to be an Old Doll?

It's nice to hear from you again.  Thank you.  jodyWayne