1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-05 17:17:25)

Topic: Tennessee Girl

Tennesse Girlby Wayne Fiala

Male singer version

[G]Just outside of Nashville, there is a little [C]farm. Two [D7]hundred twenty acres, a house and

a [G]barn. That's where she grew up, that's where she was [C]born, on two [D7]hundred twenty

acres in a house that is [G]warm.

She-played in her back yard, and climbed the big oak [C]tree. [D7]She loved every moment, daddy

pushed her in her [G]swing. Goin to shop in Nashville, countin famous people that are [C]there.

There is [D7]music on the sidewalks.There is music every [G]where. Go [C]see the Grand Ol Opry

every now and [G]then.If you've been to Nashville, It's not hard to under[C]stand, why [D7]every

other person has, a-guitar swingin from a [G]hand.

When [G]she grew up,she left home, and [D7]joined the corporate [G]world.She wasn't gone long,

she went back home, [D7]where her life was [G]good. Why she ever left, she [D7]never under[G]stood.

Cauzz, [C]Just outside of Nashville, there is a little [G]farm. Two hundred twenty acres, a [D7]house

and a [G]barn. [C]That's where she grew up, that's where she was [G]born, on two hundred twenty

acres in a [D7]house that is [G]warm.

She-played in her back yard, and climbed the big oak [C]tree. [D7]She loved every moment, daddy

pushed her in her [G]swing. Goin to shop in Nashville, countin famous people that are [C]there.

There is [D7]music on the sidewalks.There is music every [G]where. Go [C]see the Grand ol Opry

every now and [G]then. If you've been to Nashville,It's not hard to under[C]stand,why [D7]every

other person has, a-guitar swingin from a [G]hand.Yeah, [C]once you've been to Nashville, you

will under[G]stand, why every other person has, a-guitar [D7]swingin from a [G]hand.

[C]Just outside of Nashville, that's where she was [G]born.

That's where she will live and die, [D7]on her little [G]farm.

On two [D7]hundred twenty acres, In a house that is [G]warm.

On two [D7]hundred twenty acres, In a house that's al-ways [G]warm.

Re: Tennessee Girl

Hi Jody,

This is great !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Thank you StranSongs, I'm glad you liked it.  Tennessee Girl is the male vocalist version.  My original is: Nashville Girl, sang in first person by a female.  Think I'll go ahead and post it too.  Thanks again.

ps: Golly, I wish I could have been in Belfast!

hi jody lovely lyrics full of joy of living at home which is warm ,which is always a good feeling,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

daddycool wrote:

hi jody lovely lyrics full of joy of living at home which is warm ,which is always a good feeling,well done....stay cool

Thank you sir.  I'm sure it is a good feeling.  Take care, jodyWayne

Sir ,

You have a natural ability to capture songs like this one.

very well written.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

Sir ,

You have a natural ability to capture songs like this one.

very well written.

Old Doll.

Thank you very much Old Doll.  You have a natural ability to say things that make me feel good about my writing.
Take care, jodyWayne