Topic: Song Written By a Soldier in Harm's Way

A friend e-mailed this one to me.
It's a grabber. Wanted to share it with you guys:

http://www.andiesisle.com/ifidiebeforeyouwake.html

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Song Written By a Soldier in Harm's Way

According to the website it wasn't written by a soldier in harms way.

"NOTE:::There is an email circulating the Internet telling people that this song, "If I Die Before You Wake" was written by three soldiers in Iraq during their free time.  I do not know who generated this email, but that information is not true

This is song was written by Dustin Evans, Rick Tiger, and Dave Brainard.  Dustin Evans is the vocalist and the Good Times Band are the musicians.  In Dustin's words, "The song came from a good place, it is our way of paying tribute to our brave soldiers and the sacrifices their families are making"."

We all have a duty of care for those in the forces. Because of that, I have a bit of a problem with the line " I want you to know it ain't too high a price to pay
If I die before you wake.  "  But only if it wasn't written by a soldier in harms way.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

I enjoyed that song Toots,

For the lyrics and music. what a great pity we still have to write about wars.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi dennis thats a lovely ode to our troups out there,it'll be good for them to know we're thinking of them and hope there's a speedy end to it all......stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool