Topic: F barre chord

I have an Ibanez 6 string and an Alvrez 12 string. Its easier for me to do the barre chord on the 12 string. Is there some way I can change the action of the 6 string so I can play the barre chord?

Re: F barre chord

I would always advise getting this done by someone who knows what they're doing. I'm sure your local guitar store will do a "set up" for you for a few dollars. If you explain how you want it set up they can do that all for you. Sure, it'll cost a few dollars but I'm sure you will be more than happy with the result.

I'm also sure that someone will give instruction on how to do this in subsequent posts here but, as I say, I'd always recommend getting it done by a pro.

You could also just remove 6 strings from the Alvrez... smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

I would always advise getting this done by someone who knows what they're doing. I'm sure your local guitar store will do a "set up" for you for a few dollars. If you explain how you want it set up they can do that all for you. Sure, it'll cost a few dollars but I'm sure you will be more than happy with the result.

I'm also sure that someone will give instruction on how to do this in subsequent posts here but, as I say, I'd always recommend getting it done by a pro.

You could also just remove 6 strings from the Alvrez... smile

+1 on above....have it set up by a luthier.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi KEG,
It is amazing what your local guitar techie can do! You will find it is like playing a new instrument once he has set up your guitar. It is the first thing I do on any guitar which is new to me.
You will not believe the difference it can make to your playing. Good luck.
kairos.

If all else fails you an tune the guitar down a 1/2 or whole step and play it that way or us a capo. Works for me.