1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-02-01 03:13:07)

Topic: "I Have You To Thank"

I HAVE YOU TO THANKby Wayne Fiala

Honey......We were[D]broke, and livin on love, I was writin my [G]songs and, singin in

[D]clubs. You said you wanted more out of life, you didn't wanna [A]be, a poor man's [D]wife.

I've been countin the [D]days, since you went your seperate way. I cain't sleep at [G]night

and, I worry all [D]day. I really need to [A]see you, I have somethin to [D]say:

Honey..... When you gonna"[D]Come Back",where you belong?

Cain't wait for you to"[A7]Get Back",you been gone too long!

I think you need to"[D]Be Back",At home with me!

I'm as [A7]lonesome as I can [D]be.

Honey......Now thangs [D]ain't, the way they used to be,I got signed [G]up by a record

compa[D]ny. Got lotsa money in the bank, bought a fancy guitar, private heli[G]copter, and

a brand-new [D]car.[A]Honey, I'm a Country [D]Star!And, [A]Honey ...., "I have you to [D]thank!"

Honey......When you [D]left me, I was feein bad.I was all de[G]pressed then I got [D]mad,

so I [A]wrote some, nasty songs about [D]you. Well, someone [D]heard them, and thought they

was great, now I'm [G]livin on, a big-ol' Country Es[D]tate, got a guard at the [A]front,by

the wrot-iron [D]gate.And, [A]Honey.... "I have you to [D]thank!"

So, Honey..... When you gonna"[D]Come Back",where you belong?

Cain't wait for you to"[A7]Get Back",you been gone too long!

I think you need to"[D]Be Back",At home with me!

I'm as [A7]lonesome as I can [D]be.

Honey.....It's been a [D]year, since you've been gone. You haven't answered my [G]letters

or called on the [D]phone.Now I'm a patient man, but you gotta understand,I was all

a[G]lone and I was [D]sad.I coulda waited for [D]you, for the rest of my life,but I met a

good [G]woman, and made her my [D]wife. Now I'm as happy as I can be,got every thing

I ever [G]wanted,it all belongs to [D]me,fame and [A]fortune,and a fami[D]ly.So, Honey...

[D]Please [D]don't, "Come Back - Get Back - Be Back""This Ain't Your Home No More!"

[D]Now aint it kinda... [A7]funny - [A7]Honey...,"I [A7]have you to [D]thank!"

Re: "I Have You To Thank"

I like the twist at the end the lyrics are easy to understand you need to get some recordings up on a website like myspace so we can get a better idea of the melody but I think you did a fine job of composing smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Russell,
When I hear you and others here on Chordie say things like this about my work, ..... well, it makes it all worth while.  I want to thank you and everyone else who actually takes the time to leave a reply 'review'.  I see this as a good place to learn, and find out what you are doing right and/or wrong.  Thanks Russell,  Thanks everyone.

I now have an account at YouTube and MySpace.  I also have a camcorder now.  So, as soon as I can learn how to use all this stuff, I will try and get some recordings/vidio up.  I hope to be uploading vidio as early as next week.  A year ago, when I started writing, it never crossed my mind that I would need to sing and play a musical insturment.  I gotta tell ya; I am not a singer or a musician.  And now I find I need to do recording or make a vidio.  But, I will sing and play simple guitar and do my best to get through it.  "Lord help me"
Thank you very much, jodyWayne

Im delighted for you Jodie,

Yes, i do believe a vid link of some kind would be great for you to air your songs,

There different, while the chords are easy to play, i personally believe we cannot
get the real melody of the song unless we hear the original..
Thats just my tuppence worth of opinion.

This is another good song sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Jody looking forward to listining and watching if you need any assistance pleanty of help here smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Jody Wayne
Glad you got Chopro sorted out.
Hope you are able to sort out your recording. I'm not much of a performer myself so I find recording to myspace and other such sites less daunting than performing in front of a camera.
But that's just me.:)
ark

Old Doll wrote:

Im delighted for you Jodie,

Yes, i do believe a vid link of some kind would be great for you to air your songs,

There different, while the chords are easy to play, i personally believe we cannot
get the real melody of the song unless we hear the original..
Thats just my tuppence worth of opinion.

This is another good song sir.

Old Doll.

Thank you very much mamm.  I'm delighted to hear from you.  It's always a pleasure.

Oh yes, I love your song   "Will You Dance With Me".  It is beautiful.  It reminds me of a letter I got from my wife when I was in Viet Nam.  Will you dance with me, sounds like a love letter that was turned into a song. At least I think so!  I believe every letter should have a reply.  So I wrote one.  I think you would like it, but I won't post it without your permission.  It is the opposite of what you wrote.  As if I were writing back to you.  I don't have music for it because I don't know the right melody. So, it is just lyrics for now.  If you want to see it, let me know, and I'll post it.   Thanks again. Take care, JodyWayne

Russell_Harding wrote:

Jody looking forward to listining and watching if you need any assistance pleanty of help here smile

Thanks very much sir.  You have made this easier and more fun.  I think I have the vidio recorder figured out.  Now all I have to do is learn the upload procedure.  Actually, my grandkids do know how.  They will be here this weekend, so mabe I can get them to teach me. I might have a song or two on the net then.  I want everyone to meet "MONSTER".  She is my little baby daughter squirrel.  I had to be her mama when the hurricane blew her house away.  I taught her to play guitar when she was just a little baby.  Now the kids call her "Monster - the musical squirrel".  Her favorite song is "old time rock n roll".  She likes a couple of mine too.  I think???

As always it is a pleasure to be here.  Take care, jodyWayne

arkady wrote:

Hi Jody Wayne
Glad you got Chopro sorted out.
Hope you are able to sort out your recording. I'm not much of a performer myself so I find recording to myspace and other such sites less daunting than performing in front of a camera.
But that's just me.:)
ark

Hi Ark, I think I have the camcorder figured out.  Wasn't that hard.  This weekend the grandkids are going to teach me to up load to myspace and youtube.  Wish me luck!  Good to hear from you.  jodyWayne

Thank you very much mamm.  I'm delighted to hear from you.  It's always a pleasure.

Oh yes, I love your song   "Will You Dance With Me".  It is beautiful.  It reminds me of a letter I got from my wife when I was in Viet Nam.  Will you dance with me, sounds like a love letter that was turned into a song. At least I think so!  I believe every letter should have a reply.  So I wrote one.  I think you would like it, but I won't post it without your permission.  It is the opposite of what you wrote.  As if I were writing back to you.  I don't have music for it because I don't know the right melody. So, it is just lyrics for now.  If you want to see it, let me know, and I'll post it.   Thanks again. Take care, JodyWayne.

Absolutely Sir, it will be my pleasure to read it.. What a nice thought .
Thank You"

Old Doll.

11 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-02-08 00:57:35)

Old Doll wrote:

Oh yes, I love your song   "Will You Dance With Me".  It is beautiful.  It reminds me of a letter I got from my wife when I was in Viet Nam.  Will you dance with me, sounds like a love letter that was turned into a song. At least I think so!  I believe every letter should have a reply.  So I wrote one.  I think you would like it, but I won't post it without your permission.  It is the opposite of what you wrote.  As if I were writing back to you.  I don't have music for it because I don't know the right melody. So, it is just lyrics for now.  If you want to see it, let me know, and I'll post it.   Thanks again. Take care, JodyWayne.

Absolutely Sir, it will be my pleasure to read it.. What a nice thought .
Thank You"

Old Doll.

I WOULD DANCE WITH YOU
By: Wayne Fiala
Inspired by: Helena Donovan's
"Will You Dance With Me"

I would hold you in my arms, for a while.

I would dance with you, just to make you smile.

I would take your hand, and lead you to the floor.

If only you would look at me, you never have before.

You are here for me, and I for you.

Just a glance, would make me feel brand new.

A gentle touch, is all I can give for now.

So, take my hand, and I will lead you now.

I would whisper in your ear, and tell you,

all the things, you want to hear.

My love you have never known,

until I place my lips, upon your lips.

But, would this kiss be love, or just another kiss?

I feel I know you but, I know, we've never met.

You could be a love, that I should know, or that I should forget.

There is sadness, and heartaches I have seen.

Better, never to have known you,

than to love you only, in my dreams.

You are here for me, and I for you.

Maybe this could be the time, to start a-new?

So, take my hand, make all your dreams come true.

Yes, I would hold you in my arms, just for a while.

I would dance with you, just to see you smile.

I would take your hand, and lead you to the floor.

Ah how great is this Jody ?

When i wrote this many years ago,  i was at a ball. I had seen this man that appealed to me there.[which rarely happened with me]
The lyrics was how i felt in his company. There was a chemistry between us. He was married as i at that time.
Anyways suffice to say, we both went our own ways.
I love your reply sir, its a culmination of good times and the  choices we make.

Thank You" for taking the time to do so. Its very much appreciated  by me.
I wish i knew how to send you the recording i have DUH ! Ill ask my son, he should know !
Id like you to hear this song now.

Old Doll.

Great old doll, I'm glad you like it.  I'll be waiting to hear back about the recording.  This is fun!!!!!!!

hello jody,

nice song, i see you've graced us with one or two others, i'll get around to looking at them in time.
with all this writing i dare say it would be a full time job recording them all, having read this one i'd like to hear it...let us know when and where we can hear it. as russ says, i also like the twist at the end

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill,  Good to hear from you.  I hope all is well.  I'm happy you like this song, and thank you sir.  Unfortunnately, the best I can do is a solo guitar vidio.  This should give those interested a good idea of the melody though.  I have no long term expierence at this.  I am still learning basic guitar.  And, I only attempt singing.  I hope to complete my very first vidio in the next few days.  I will let everyone know when the vidio is up and running.  Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

I took a look at some of your music.  So far "Do It All Again" is my favorite.  I can only wish my music would sound that good.  You should be on TV.  Until next time, take care sir, jodyWayne

Ok, I have made a video.  What a pain in the butt.  And, I'm still embarrised.  Right now it is on YouTube and MySpace.

17 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-02-15 22:56:46)

Jody Wayne wrote:

Ok, I have made a video.  What a pain in the butt.  And, I'm still embarrassed.  Right now it is on YouTube and MySpace.

www.youtube.com  -  In ths search box put the name of the song.
www.myspace.com  -  Same

Good for you Jody.  You are doing a lot better than me.  I don't have any videos out.  I am going to have to work harder at learning how to do it.  Good one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Good for you Jody.  You are doing a lot better than me.  I don't have any videos out.  I am going to have to work harder at learning how to do it.  Good one.

Thank you very much Benson.  I tell ya, that was frustrating.  Took me about twelve hours of pushing wrong buttons, deleting files, starting over, etc. to get this video up.  I still don't remember half of what I did.  I think I can get another one going in half that time now though. lol  "I do have a suggestion for you"  Don't buy an expensive camcorder!  Pain in the butt, having to convert files, etc.  Buy one of the cameras that are made especially for making vidio for YouTube, MySpace etc.  A lot cheeper and simple to use.  I just might buy one and save myself a bunch of extra work.  I think that's what I'm gonna do.  I would love to hear some of your work.  I have been listening to a lot of the other forum members songs and I am impressed.  Thanks again sir.  Good to hear from you.  jodyWayne

Oh, I put one of my Ballads up on the forum.  "That's what us red neck cowboys do"  It's not about me!  lol

Thank You Jodie,

Ive listened and left you a comment on youtube.
Very well done sir. Lovely  clear easy voice to listen to.

Good song.

Old Doll.

Thank you very much Old Doll.  By the way, I have listened to you sing "Will you dance with me".  Absolutely beautiful.  Brought tear to my eyes.  You should be singing on stage at the Grand Ole Opry.  You really should write, sing and record more.
Take care, jodyWayne

Hey Jody
I enjoyed Her lying cheating heart.  If your new to recording etc your doing well..
ark

Howdy Jody,
For a first time go around at recording I think you did pretty darn good.
Give yourself a two thumbs up and carry on to your next project. big_smile

Looking forwards to hearing more.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

arkady wrote:

Hey Jody
I enjoyed Her lying cheating heart.  If your new to recording etc your doing well..
ark

Thank you very much Ark, and yes I am new to recording.  This was my first attempt.  I watch it at least once a day, and I am learning where I need to make improvements.  Evintually I will probably replace this one.  Good to hear from you.