1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-01-27 03:24:33)

Topic: "They Called Her Gypsy"

THEY CALLED HER GYPSYby Wayne Fiala

[G]She walked into town in an old tattered dress, Suitcase hangin from her [D7]hand.

An old napsack on her back, her shoes, worn paper [G]thin.As she walked down the

street, she smiled at everyone she would meet.But, [C]they just turned and [G]stared.

As [C]she passed by I could [G]see in her eyes, that [D7]she was a little bit [G]scared.

[G]As the days went by, I watched her cry, She sleept in the alley across the [D7]street,

I could tell she was lonely and hungry and Desperate for something to [G]eat. She

begged for a job but they all turned her down,[C]They all told her to[D7]getout of [G]town.

She wanted to go, But her strength was all gone,[D7]she was too weak, wouldn't last [G]long.

[G]Then one night, The business people in town,Called an emergency [D7]meeting.

And this poor little girl Was the object of dis[G]cussion,They called her a Gypsy,

said she always looks tipsiand[C]was most likely a [G]thief.They said they [C]didn't care how,

but she's [G]gotta go now,and [D7]turned the matter over to thePolice[G]Chief, He told

them not to worry,said I [C]know just what to [G]do. TonightI'm short handed and

it's getting late,But, To[D7]morrow I'll arrest her and send her up[G]state.

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... and she was a sight to [G]see.

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... but [D7]she was the prettest girl I'd ever [G]seen.

[G]I went to see Gypsy and told her what's commin, Her eyes were full of [D7]Tears.

She said this [C]happens to me every place that I [G]go.I've had to [D7]live like this for [G]years.

I've [C]done nothin wrong,But I can't go on,Let them [D7]do what they want I don't [G]care.

As she spoke her voice was full of dispare,What they'er [D7]doin to her anit just or [G]fair.

I realized then she had given up,And I [D7]knew in my heart,

I had to get Gypsy away from [G]there.

So, [G]I went home, loaded my truck.Then I went to get Gypsy and [D7]gathered her up,

I [C]drove all night and all the next [G]day,[D7]I took her far-far a[G]way.We settled in Texas,

and We've had some good luck.[D7]I got a great job and a new pick-up [G]truck.[C]Gypsy's

not workin but she's doin o[G]k, She lives in a [D7]nice house, down by the [G]bay.

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... and she was a sight to [G]see.

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... but, [D7]she was a woman to [G]me.

[G]Some years have passed now,I often wonder how,Sweet little Gypsy is [D7]doin?

When my work day is done, I'm in a dead run, to get to my truck and get [G]goin.

When I get home,She opens the door,and [C]greets me with a big [G]hug.Our [C]two

little children each have a [G]hold on a pant leg.And thier [D7]both giving them a big [G]tug.

As I look in her eyes there is no supprise,[D7]Gypsy is deeply in [G]love. I [C]feel the same way,

and I tell her every day, How [D7]lucky I am to have A Gypsy to [G]love.

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... but she was a woman to [G]me

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... but [D7]she was the prettest girl I'd ever [G]seen

[G]They called her [C]Gypsy......... [D7]I call her [G]wife.

2 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-01-27 03:34:11)

Re: "They Called Her Gypsy"

Wow! this Chopro stuff is pretty cool.  big_smile
Crap! it's gonna take me a month to convert all the songs I put on here already.  sad

like the lyrics to this and it looks like you got a real good handle on the chopro,on the chorus there is an option to make it italics by adding {soc:} (start of chorus) and at the end you must put {eoc:} (end of chorus) and all the lyrics will be in italics just look at the examples in the forum chopro directions,looks like your on your way well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

like the lyrics to this and it looks like you got a real good handle on the chopro,on the chorus there is an option to make it italics by adding {soc:} (start of chorus) and at the end you must put {eoc:} (end of chorus) and all the lyrics will be in italics just look at the examples in the forum chopro directions,looks like your on your way well done smile

Thank you very much sir.

your very welcome! and keep writing smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"