1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-05 22:28:01)

Topic: "Pete"

PETEby Wayne Fiala

[Em]All the girls [D]say this is no [C]ordinary [Em]man.

[Em]He's a con[D]tempo[C]rary young [Em]man.

[Em]Here he [D]comes walking [C]down the [Em]street.

[Em]When he walks he [D]swings to a [C]musical [Em]beat.

[Em]He's fine he's [D]cool he's [C]really [Em]neat.

[Em]He's the kinda [D]guy all the [C]girls wanna [Em]meet.

[Em]All the girls [D]cry when they [C]hear the name "[Em]Pete".

[Em]He's the [D]leader of a [C]popular [Em]band.

[Em]He's a bad [D]boy with a [C]guitar in his [Em]hand.

[Em]The songs he [D]sings are the [C]best in the [Em]land.

[Em]All the little [D]girls here [C]are his [Em]fans.

[Em]He got a [D]gig at the [C]local High-[Em]School.

[Em]He broke [D]just about [C]every [Em]rule.

[Em]He made [D]all the [C]little girl [Em]drool.

[Em]Even the [D]Teachers [C]thought he was [Em]cool.

[Em]He is a [D]hero [C]in his [Em]town.

[Em]His fame be[D]gan to spread [C]all a-[Em]round.

[D]He's the [D]leader of a [C]popular [Em]band.

[Em]They became [D]famous all [C]across the [Em]land.

[Em]He did it [D]all with his [C]popular [Em]band.

[Em]And his [D]guitar [C]in his [Em]hand.

[Em]He's the [D]leader of a [C]popular [Em]band.

[Em]He's a bad [D]boy with a [C]guitar in his [Em]hand.

[Em]He plays his [D]music all [C]across the [Em]land.

[Em]All the girls [D]across the land [C]are his [Em]fans.

[Em]Here he [D]comes walking [C]down the [Em]street.

[Em]When he walks he [D]swings to a [C]musical [Em]beat.

[Em]He's fine he's [D]cool he's [C]really [Em]neat.

[Em]He's the kinda [D]guy all the [C]girls wanna [Em]meet.

[Em]All the girls [D]cry when they [C]hear the name "[Em]Pete".

Re: "Pete"

hi wayne great topic,like the chord sequence gives it that bouncy feel,i suppose most of the younger artists on here want to hit the big time,if i got one song recognised i'd be happy at my time of life i just want to take things easy.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Well, daddycool, ya never know?  If you write the right song at the right time and someone in the right place hears it, you just might get lucky?  If you are not rich or don't know famous people, then some tallent and a whole lot-a luck just might get you noticed.  That's the reality of this business.  Good Luck, Jody Wayne

Well, I feel compelled to comment on this song, since my name is Pete. bensonpete.  So, how did you come up with the name, just out of curiosity?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

LOL....  it's a long story!  Here is the short version.  This song is about my oldest grandson. His name is Chris.    Originally I wrote: He's the kinda guy all the girls want to kiss.  All the girls cry when they hear the name Chris.  However, Chris would not have his name in the song.  Why I don't know?  So, I changed the lyrics to say:  He's the kinda guy all the girls want to meet.  All the girls cry when they hear the name Pete.   "Pete rhymes with meet".  Feel free to use this song any time you want to though Pete.  Please feel free to comment on my songs.  I appreciate it when you do.  Take Care, jody Wayne

That's a good short story.  Maybe my parents named me Pete because it rhymed with meet.  I'll be checking that out.  I did read through the song with me in mind and got a little laugh in a few places.  keep writing.  you are doing good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank you sir!  Well, I kinda have a feeling that more of this song than anyone knows could be about you Benson.  Always good to hear from you.  I'll be posting more songs soon.  I have written plenty of them.  Until next time, jody Wayne

I was changing this song to Chopro format and found a few mistakes.  I took care of those and put the song in proper order.  It is a lot cleaner now.  I plan to record this song this weekend, if my voice holds out.  Until then, hi everyone!

That's the story of my life, Jody.  I change my format and find too many mistakes.  smile

Lol Pete Benson,

Its better then Beansoup ? lol

Good song Jody, i guess we all knew a Pete in our day. ill check your youtube to hear this song.

Blessings,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Jody - another good one. My dad's name was Pete so I had him in mind when I read it. Made me grin that's for sure.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

Hey Jody - another good one. My dad's name was Pete so I had him in mind when I read it. Made me grin that's for sure.

If it brought you a good memory, then it's a good song, if for no other reason than that.  I'm glad you enjoyed it sir.
Thank you, and take care, jodyWayne