1 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-03-05 18:31:31)

Topic: "Me And My Best Friend"

Me And My Best Friendby Wayne Fiala

[D]Me-N-my best friend down by the lake.[DGB]Me-N-my best friend down by the lake.

[D]Me-N-my best friend down by the lake.Hope we don't get bit by a [A]bad ol' [D]snake!

[D]Me-N-my best friend sittin on a stump.[DGB]Me-N-my best friend sittin on a stump.

[D]Me-N- my best friend sittin on a stump.Hope we both don't get, [A]a sore [D]rump!

[D]Me-N-my best friend gonna catch a fish.[DGB]Me-N-my best friend gonna catch a fish.

[D]Me-N-my best friend gonna catch a fish.[A]We - [D]wish!

[D]My best friend catched a big ol' fish.[DGB]My best friend catched a gig ol' fish.

[D]My best friend catched a big ol' fish,[A]He - [D]wish!My best friend catched a, [A]itty-bitty-[D]fish.

[D]Turtle come along wanna eat his fish.[DGB]Turtle come along wanna eat his fish.

[D]Turtle come along wanna eat his fish.[A]Turtle [D]wish!

[D]My best friend let the little fish go.[DGBMy best friend let the little fish go.

[D]My best friend let the little fish go.Turtle say to best friend: [A]Oh - [D]No!

[D]Along come a pretty girl smilin at me.[DGB]Along come a pretty girl smilin at me.

[D]Along come a pretty girl smilin at me.[A]Wow - [D]Wee!

[D]I scoot my best friend off-a the stump. [DGB]I scoot my best friend of-a the stump.

[D]I scoot my best friend of-a the stump.[A]Kur - [D]thump![A]On his [D]rump!

[D]Pretty girl sit down next to me. [DGB]Pretty girl sit down next to me.

[D]Pretty girl sit down next to me.[A]Lucky [D]me!

[D]Birdy flyed by up in the sky.[DGB]Birdy flyed by up in the sky. [D]Birdy flyed by up in the sky.

I look up and [A]I say [D]hi.Birdy drop-a-poopy in [A]my... left... [D]eye..., [A]Ohh - [D]my!

[D]Pretty girl laugh till she cry. [DGB]Pretty girl laugh till she cry.

[D]Pretty girl laugh till she cry.Pretty girl say to me: [A]bye - [D]bye!

[A]Yeah, [D]Me-N-my best friend down by the lake.[DGB]Me-N-my best friend sittin on a stump.

[D]Me-N-my best friend gonna catch a fish.[DGB]Me-N-my best friend down by the lake.

[D]Hope we don't get bit by a [A]bad... [A]ol'... [D]snake...[DGB][D][A][D]

Note:  DGB = Maj D at the seventh fret

Re: "Me And My Best Friend"

Hi Jody,

Ive just read your piece here. I had images of Nursery school children animating this piece as the teacher sung it.

Lively and imaginative.

Well done,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

3 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-01-19 18:43:11)

Old Doll, that's too cute.  Sometimes when I go to a music store on the weekend.  There are usually children with parents there. If I sit with a guitar and start playing this song heads turn to look at me.  Children and adults gather and are laughing, clapping and some dancing.  Quite a few ask me for cd's.  I don't have any.  But, if I did I would gladly hand some out.  Children do like this song.  Thanks again Old Doll,  Jody Wayne

hi wayne you'll have to get recording,i'm way behind with mine, work and leisure don't mix,a comical write well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi again daddycool.  I have a recording camera now.  As soon as I figure out how to use it, I can get a recording on the internet.

Wish me luck!  Jody Wayne

New video for, Me and my best friend.
www.youtube.com/user/jodywayne47