Topic: my space song

Hi I am trying out something, I hope it works, if it does please comment on it
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =498977818
If it dont work sorry but Im learning.
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: my space song

Tony that was a very good effort I like the chord changes find a way to add a bass if you can it would round out the sound but I think you did well on this smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Russell,
I am learning from you all, and enjoying myself
tonyblue

Not a bad effort at all. I really like the song and the effect your using on the guitar. Is that reverb? Now that you know how to do it, we're gonna hear more from you right?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

thanks selso
the effect I used was phase effect on my boss recorder, it sounds like two guitars slightly out of phase.
tonyblue

Hi Tony,
Nice work on this. I agree with Russ on laying down a Bass line and/or a keyboard. If you don't have the means you should approach someone from the sticky at the top of the recording section.
I was advised a while back to do all recording and mixing using headphones as that will give you an accurate sound. Plug directly into your tower to eliminate the computer speakers if that is what you are doing.
You should post this in the songwriting section with the lyrics cause some might miss it here.

Well Done to You Sir big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

thank you kindly Kenny, it is my first time recording by myself, in the past others far better than me have done the mixing.
I do use headphones, and thank you for your advise.
tonyblue

Hi, did another song on the same site, please comment on it, yes I know my voice is not to good, anyone know how to improve the recorded quality of the mic ?,  or do I need a better one, at present I have two, a sure look alike and a condenser, none of them expensive.
TonyBlue

play around with eq and ambience and reverb...if you are using audacity ..you can download some of these to further expand what you are able to do with your mic ..... http://free-loops.com/free-equalizer-vsts.html   
Sounds like you are off to good start there... I listened to them several times
What do the levels look like while youre recording? ...i try to stay between -9 and -6 db

nice take on the cover and I really like your profile design smile

thank you both, (I have accepted Riddler on my space).
I have just discovered that you can use another input when using the mic, this gives me a range of efects to improve the sound, so my voice should sound better.
I have another problem to do with the Boss, so I will be starting another post.
tony blue

Good cover of a great song.

Great clarity to your guitar playing. I liked it Mr Eaves,

Well done, keep playing and recording.

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your myspace page  also.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

WOW Thank you kindly, you have made my day, and given me hope.

if you want I can tell you how to get the background.

thanks Old Doll,
tony

I would like to take a peek at some of them please smile

Hi Russell,
Look here, there is a list down the left hand side for you to pick from, you will find something you like

http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d … xheW91dHM=

Tony

Thanks Tony I usually change with the holidays so im looking for a halloween theme for October and my birthday is the 13th and sometimes it falls of a friday so I aint superstious smile

Very cool page Russell,
How did you manage to get your infromation at the top of the page ?
Tony

Tony if your referring to "experimental,experimental and the quote "music and love capture the heart forever"( my quote) go to your home page and click edit profile then select band members it takes you to a page that has several edit tabs on the right of the screen sometimes there kind of hidden but they are there click on it and type whatever also there's a feature on your home page to edit features like personal info and you can use the safe mode option to the right of edit profile there's all kinds of places to enter information just remember to  preview it and click "submit" or it wont show up smile

Thank you sir,

I copied and pasted that link to faves. I will get around to giving myspace a new look. Its a wee bit dreary at present.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !