Topic: WORKING CLASS HERO

The B-Side of IMAGINE, I hear a very, very strong Bob Dylan factor.
I know they spend time together and maybe that tune was just for fun, I also know that greenday has a great cover.
IS ROBERT ZIMMERMAN'S influence quit huge here in that song?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WORKING CLASS HERO

if bob dylan was an infulence then maybe bob dylan was an influence in all of lennons other peace songs.
Ive never actually thought of this as sounding like a bob dylan song though.

but whether it was influenced by bob dyland or not influenced by bob dylan it is a great song

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Great, great song..wish I could write just 1 like that. I think it's as good or better than anything Dylan has done. I hold Lennon as a songwriter and artist in much higher esteem than Dylan. Always have and always will.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Ken, geoaguiar
After a lot of listening that song is at least "DYLAN-LIKE" but better.
In the 60ties they were very close friends.
Write a brandnew song = it will always sound like another.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I always "connected better" to Lennon and felt his work was more diverse musically. maybe just me...

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello