Topic: LETS GO HURRICANES

My Canes just beat the Devils 4-3 in game 7 by scoring 2 goals with 1:20 left in the game. AMAZING, I am drained but too pumped up to sleep. Round 2 vs the Bruins and I'm looking forward to it.

LETS GO CANES!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: LETS GO HURRICANES

Bruins fan since 1965, GO BRUINS.

Maybee we can make a little bet Topdown.

Badeye... cool

one caper after another

Badeye I was always a Bruins fan as a kid and they look fantastic this year. Swept us during the regular season and my confidence level is not very high. That said, the Canes seem to be peaking at the right time and if the Bruins overlook us they may be in for a surprise.

So, sure.. I'll take your bet. If the Cane's loose all the beers are on me next time you visit NC and vice versa?

topdown wrote:

Badeye I was always a Bruins fan as a kid and they look fantastic this year. Swept us during the regular season and my confidence level is not very high. That said, the Canes seem to be peaking at the right time and if the Bruins overlook us they may be in for a surprise.

So, sure.. I'll take your bet. If the Cane's loose all the beers are on me next time you visit NC and vice versa?

Vice-versa  it's a bet, the Canes are on their game, hopefully the long layoff doesn't get the
Killer Bee's all rusty. Should be a real good series and will be on the edge of my seat at every play. Hey  the beer's gotta be real cold and guitar in tote.

Too cool   Badeye .

one caper after another

Go Bruins!!!!!!! B's take it in 6. Topdown I do like your Canes but I'm a life long Bostonian. I'll send you some beers to drown your sorrow...no bet necessary.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO! HABS!!!!! wink

well, now that they are out of the playoffs.......

GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pens & Caps & Hawks & 'Nucks

Ben smile

The world is only going to get worse!

geoaguiar wrote:

Go Bruins!!!!!!! B's take it in 6. Topdown I do like your Canes but I'm a life long Bostonian. I'll send you some beers to drown your sorrow...no bet necessary.

I like your moxy,,,    GO BRUINS ...       

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Bruins haven't won since 1972, Hurricanes won a cup recently, I'm a quasi-Bruins fan, though I don't care for hockey since the strike.  So whoever wins, as long as it's a good series, may the best team win.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Great series so far - I'll be there tomorrow night with 18,000 of my fellow Caniacs.

topdown wrote:

Great series so far - I'll be there tomorrow night with 18,000 of my fellow Caniacs.

Enjoy and whatever happens, I'll shake your hand at the end!  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

What on earth are you all talking about?

I'm the son of rage and love

Ice Hockey

WWWWAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

GO CANES GO !!!

boy, i hope they win their series.
I am very disappointed in the fact that washington lost last night. sad

Ben smile lol cool    wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Certainly seems like momentum is on their side.  Peaking at the right time.

YES!

Ben smile

washed by Him! wrote:

YES!

Ben smile

May the best team win!

The B's looked scared and desperate Friday night - They may be thinking the series is over. Boston is 0-20 in the playoffs being down 3-1. Carolina is 2-0 after a 3-1 lead in the post season.

That said, the series is far from over. I fully expect Boston to come out on fire tonight fighting for their lives. The first goal will be huge. A win by the B's put the pressure right back on us and if that happens, it wouldn't surprise me to see this go 7 games.

However, I fully expect my Canes to keep the pressure on, score first, not react to the Bruins thuggery and end this series tonight. That way I can go to work tomorrow - if not, I feel a touch of the flu coming on that will keep me at home so I can go to game 6 Tuesday night.

LETS GO HURRICANES!!!

We shall see, the Bruins are not a playoff experienced team as a whole and the Hurricanes won the cup recently.   So experience and toughness will decide this series.   As for thuggery, seriously, I went to the fights last night and a hockey game broke out!  <grin>

Thuggery??? Hmmm...If those Canes weren't handing the Bruins ther a**** right now we might be offended by that term.....

Elvis Costello

Yeah, I wonder whatever gave people the idea that "thuggery" was involved in such a gentlemanly sport like ice hockey.  ; p

geoaguiar wrote:

Thuggery??? Hmmm...If those Canes weren't handing the Bruins ther a**** right now we might be offended by that term.....

No offense intended - just a comment as to the physical nature of the Bruins game vs the Canes speed game. I realize that it's part of the game (and at times the timidness shown by my guys really pisses me off).

The B's are schooling us tonight. Looks like I'll be staying home for game 6.

Personally, I'd like to see the NHL take a hard line on thuggery, as in cheap shots, blind side hits or anything that reinforces the image of thuggery.   Speed, and skill and the use of legitimate physicality--like a good strong legal check into the boards is ok.

topdown wrote:
geoaguiar wrote:

No offense intended - just a comment as to the physical nature of the Bruins game vs the Canes speed game. I realize that it's part of the game (and at times the timidness shown by my guys really pisses me off).

The B's are schooling us tonight. Looks like I'll be staying home for game 6.

No offense taken!!! We used to call it "gooning"!!! We are still alive....game 6 is going to be real, real fun. If anyone out there is watching basketball right now, we in the Northeast are watching a fantastic Celtics series as well. I never realized it could be so exciting sitting on the couch!!!

May the best team win!!!!

Elvis Costello

Game seven awaits..    gooooooooooooo  bruins.     

what great hockey this year, last game should be a good one.

Badeye     cool

one caper after another

I was at game 6 last night and have come to the conclusion that the Bruins are a very good hockey team and earned the No.1 seed for a reason (I'm a genius I know wink ). They capitalize on every single mistake made by their opponents - and we made plenty. The B's are physical and fast with great goal tending - a pretty good combination. We played a solid game, Thomas stopped nearly every shot while Cam didn't and our defense allowed too many opportunities.  We beat the Devils on the road in a game 7 this year so it's not new territory, but my confidence level is not very high. As usual first goal will be huge. Hoping for a good close game tomorrow night.