Topic: Kenny Rogers ?

Hi, to all at Chordie,

I haven't been on the computer much latley, got a new kitchen installed.  This post is more for

the Chordie Members in the UK, I went to see Kenny Rogers in Belfast last night, apart from

starting to look his age his voice is just as good, the only dissapointment was I thought he

could have sang a few more songs. Still I enjoyed the show, he now starts a short tour of the

mainland and if you get the chanch to go I recomend you go if your a fan.

Luck and Health to all!!!

Re: Kenny Rogers ?

I'm not a big Kenny Rogers fan but I got tickets givin to me for his show in Myrtle beach a couple of weeks ago. Me and the wife went and it was actually a good show! I've never seen so much grey hair at a concert before though smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I saw him a couple of years ago. He's showing his age, but he still puts on a great show.  Hugely entertaining.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I saw he was playing glasgow soon, I was thinking about it.
I will think a bit more as I look up when exactly he is playing.

I got into his music when he was in that program in the 80's " the gambler". I still love that song and still strum it out every now and then. ( mostly to annoy my wife. She hates him)

and no one but no one can say they dont like singing "Ye pickjed a fine time to leave me" or OHH Ruuuuuuuuuby, dont take......"

I just refuse to believe anyone has not got their feet tapping when ruby is on, it is an all time classic.

More I tihnk about it, more I want to go.

Thanks

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Kenny Rodgers was huge when I was a barroom band leader.
He made it. I didn't.
I had 'Ruby", "The Gambler", "Lucile" and "You Decorated My Life"on my tunelists for years.
"Music Man" got a great response for me as a single guitar/vocal arrangement.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I went to a Kenny Rodgers concert back in about 1982 when he was at the top of the charts.  It was a great . . . but . . . I got to hand it to you Brits . . . I saw Elton John here in concert in Alaska, last summer . . . and I was blown away . . . .