Topic: small battry amp

have a Micro Boss BR, the unit can save MP3 files that you have recorded.  It would be cool to have a small battery amp so I could use it to play backing tracks when jamming or busking.
I thought that a old tape player (boom box) would be ideal, but I'm dammed if I can find one to allow a MP3 conection.
anyone got any suggestions.
cheers TonyBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: small battry amp

hmmmm
use two? one for the guitar and another for playing the backing tape?

KEn

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

The guitar plays through the boss into a standered amp. I just would like a small amp without going to the expence of a Roland Cube

they make portable mp3 players (I have one) some have speakers large enough for what you want to do or a karaoke machine (used or new) has a feature to cue up tracks in the order you want and there not to expensive smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

it maybe it is me that has it wrong, but I just want to conect the boss to a audable out let

I have a Roland Micro Cube and absolutely love it! I play my MP-3 or CD walkman thru the Cube while playing along with guitar or bass. Sony and many others make boom boxes with an input for MP-3 or you could get a small powered monitor speaker but those would probably cost as much as a Cube.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

thank you, I  think you have hit the nail on the head.  a cube would solve my problems and have many more uses that what I wanted.  a cube it will be