Topic: saving from a public book

Hi,
Great site.
When I try to save from a public book to my songbook I can't seem to save,  anyone else having this problem or have a possible sloution?
Thanks
Doug

2 (edited by legumeman 2009-02-04 23:10:33)

Re: saving from a public book

I just had a similar problem and managed to solve it pretty easily. If you see a song within the public songbook that you want to save, leave the public song book and do a general search for the song. If you enter the song outside of the public book it seems to save to your personal songbook.

Does that make sense? I've only been a member here for about 5 minutes so if there's a more direct way, someone do tell.

hi and welcome to both of you.
sorry for  the delay.

it does look like you cannot save individual songs from a public book. I have no idea why this is. I have never tried it until now.
You can import all the songs from a public songbook with the option at the bottom but there is no option for a song.
as Legumeman said, the best way just now is to see the song and look it up.
But if a person has editted it and you want their version then you might have to import the songbook then when it is in your songbooks you can then move it into one of your own by checking the song , go to the bottom and copy it to one of your own then delete the unwanted songbook leaving you with the song.

it is a long way round.

I have contacted Per to let him know about this.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hi again.

If you try it now it might work.

I have just saved quite a few from public books into my own now. I think either Per has fixed the problem or it was a glitch that has fixed itself, either way it works.

Ken

Nope, still not fixed. Just tried to save a song from a public songbook to mine. When I went into my songbook, the song was in the list. I clicked on it, and the only thing it shows is the screenshot I grabbed, shown below. btw, I get the same results whether I'm in Safari or Firefox. (I'm on a Mac)
Would the fact that there are comments on the bottom of this page cause any issues? I know they shouldn't, but hey, obviously something's not working right.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z175/nitrozilla/no-song.jpg

hi
best thing to do is to email Per on admin@chordie.com and send him a sreen shot and explain.
I am on I.E but Per can do more with firefox and safari I tihnk

Ken

OK, thanks, will do. smile