Re: Well, I guess we Yanks have a new President.

-in monotone washed says-
"take me with you."

The world is only going to get worse!

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh, we'll have to jam quietly!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
badeye wrote:

Or we all could crash the White House and have one big three day jam. that a be a blast eh.

lol..  Badeye       cool

Watch out, the department of Homeland Security may be watching this!  LOL  Putting blast, crash in the same post as the White House may be risky!  <cringe>

**ozymandias goes off to hide in an undisclosed location......with his guitar of course!**

YIKES , didn't think that one out.

gone to hide as well.   Badeye.... cool   lol

one caper after another

badeye wrote:
ozymandias wrote:
badeye wrote:

Or we all could crash the White House and have one big three day jam. that a be a blast eh.

lol..  Badeye       cool

Watch out, the department of Homeland Security may be watching this!  LOL  Putting blast, crash in the same post as the White House may be risky!  <cringe>

**ozymandias goes off to hide in an undisclosed location......with his guitar of course!**

Meh, we can have an undisclosed location jam session.  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
badeye wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

Cool.  How's my back yard?  I've got a campfire ring and a big cooler. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
ozymandias wrote:
badeye wrote:

- Zurf

Works for Me!!!!  <grin>

ozymandias wrote:
Zurf wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

- Zurf

Works for Me!!!!  <grin>

I'm on my way, with a huge jar of pickled eggs and a pallet full  of good Canadian beer, and guitar of course.

he he  Badeye  .,  cool

one caper after another

woops, beer and pickled eggs can be explosive, but we will be outside of course.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Why did the bean eating scene from "Blazing Saddles" just flash thru my mind??  hhhhhhmmmm

ozymandias wrote:

Why did the bean eating scene from "Blazing Saddles" just flash thru my mind??  hhhhhhmmmm

Thats just too funny Ozy, I can see Zurf going to nieghbours and assuring them all is ok,and
will be all over in just two days. Meanwhile the music is sounding great.

my round, another beer...   Badeye cool

one caper after another

36 (edited by Zurf 2009-02-10 12:55:54)

badeye wrote:
ozymandias wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Works for Me!!!!  <grin>

I'm on my way, with a huge jar of pickled eggs and a pallet full  of good Canadian beer, and guitar of course.

he he  Badeye  .,  cool

There's good Canadian beer?  On second thought, if you're bringing it that makes it free to me, and that's good no matter where it's from!

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Oh ya , there's great Canadian beer and ale, clean, clear, crisp, full bodied taste that you will just love, and of course free beer is the best.  This thread took a strange turn eh. Oh well
all in fun.

Take Care... Badeye  ..:cool:

one caper after another

Not all that strange.  Politics and music are both driven by alcohol.  We ought to have guessed it would have come to this. 

I was just teasing on the Canadian beer.  I like Labbatts Blue, Molson, Molson Canadian, and Moosehead for starters on the mass produced beers.  I used to live in Michigan.  Whenever we went over to Canada for some camping, I'd be sure to include at least one trip to a pub on the agenda.   When I was out in Washington, they had some Canadian micro-brews from British Columbia which were right tasty, too.  It's hard to beat the Washington micro-brews though.  Given that some of the worlds best hops grow right there in the Yakima and Columbia river valleys, it's going to be real hard for anyone to beat them for flavor.  But British Columbia's just a mountain range away - over on the other side of the Cascades. 

- Zurf

My wife and I were in Libby Montana a few years ago and we sampled a local brewery's dark beer.
It was called "Moose Drool", great taste, crappy name, obviously tongue in cheek!

I thought you were just teasing about the beer. Your right politics and alcohol do go hand in hand. The Nova Scotia provincial gov't runs liquor stores in this province and there profits are thru the roof with record sales yearly. I guess it employs lots of people tho.

Hey Zurf I purchased a new four person tent yesterday on sale and couldn't pass up on the deal. 50% off price. Now we need warmer weather to get out camping,with campfire and guitar's, oh and beer. My old tent still has Woodstock Mud [94']all over it, I wanted to clean it but my wife said it would remind us of the great time we had. She's right.

Have a great day....   Badeye .. cool

one caper after another

41 (edited by Zurf 2009-02-10 15:53:21)

ozymandias wrote:

My wife and I were in Libby Montana a few years ago and we sampled a local brewery's dark beer.
It was called "Moose Drool", great taste, crappy name, obviously tongue in cheek!

I DRANK MOOSE DROOL!  That is really tasty stuff.  Amazingly tasty.  Makes me want to head west RIGHT NOW it's so tasty.  Shoot.  It's not even noon yet.  The beer gong isn't going to go off for hours yet and I have got a hankering for Moose Drool all of a sudden. 

I had it in a haunted saloon in Washington.  I didn't notice any ghosts per se, but there were quite a few dead soldiers* around. 

BadEye - What tent did you buy?  I'm shopping for a family tent right now.  I've got three tents suitable for myself plus one (depending on comfort requirements), but need something for the whole family. 

- Zurf

* Note for our international friends: 'dead soldier' is slang for an empty booze bottle.

ozymandias wrote:

Moose Drool , too funny, lol, we have a version called Moose Milk , vodka, dark rum , kahlua
and milk on ice , careful they can bite.

Badeye  .. cool

one caper after another

Zurf wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

I DRANK MOOSE DROOL!  That is really tasty stuff.  Amazingly tasty.  Makes me want to head west RIGHT NOW it's so tasty.  Shoot.  It's not even noon yet.  The beer gong isn't going to go off for hours yet and I have got a hankering for Moose Drool all of a sudden. 

I had it in a haunted saloon in Washington.  I didn't notice any ghosts per se, but there were quite a few dead soldiers* around. 

BadEye - What tent did you buy?  I'm shopping for a family tent right now.  I've got three tents suitable for myself plus one (depending on comfort requirements), but need something for the whole family. 

- Zurf

* Note for our international friends: 'dead soldier' is slang for an empty booze bottle.

I have yet to meet a micro brewery beer I didn't like!

Hi Zurf. The said tent was made by "Hilary" and is a four man that goes up in 5 minutes. The store was Canadian Tire and they had a 10 person family tent called The Summit, it was 17 ft
by 9 ft with canopy that sold for $167.95 canadian. They also had a six person tent that sold for $149.00 plus tax. Seems the one I purchased was the only one on sale,right place right time.  Now we need camping weather,

take care... badeye .. cool

one caper after another

Speaking of beer, anyone remember these:

PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)
Genesee (Jenny)
Yuengling
Piels
Dos XX (Dos Equis)
Rolling Rock
Honey Brown
Schaefer

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

46 (edited by Zurf 2009-02-11 14:34:43)

Not only do I remember then, LesPaulGuy, but I have consumed five of eight in the past year.  Yeungling is my "go to" beer and there is some in my fridge right now.  Genny and its slightly-defective-but-not-so's-you'd-notice cousin Genny Cream Ale are my "go to" Cheap American Beers (CAB). 

You like a lot of Mid-Atlantic beers for a guy from Texas.  PBR from Pittsburg, Genessee from New York, Yeungling from Pennsylvania, Rolling Rock initially from Pennsylvania.  If you had had Iron City and Stoneys in there, I'd think you were a mid-Atlantic expatriot.  Conversely, I am from the mid-Atlantic and rather like Lone Star, the National Beer of Texas.   

- Zurf

I remember all those beers mainly from my Dad (being a Navy brat) ... Yuengling I remember the bottles came in that huge box that my Dad would recycle and I actually had an Air Force buddie who's last name was Yuengling (was his great great grandfather) ... Genesee I remember from our neighbor who's house was basically a hunters lodge and he'd drink nothing but Genesee and dump the cans in back of the house which we dubbed "Jenny Mountain" ... PBR and Piels my Dad used to drink in Virginia when he was stationed in Virginia Beach

I do like Lonestar though ... but Dos Equis is a great beer that you have to have with lemon juice added ... primo

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

I remember most of those.  I am an Air Force Brat.  Long time ago.  I've lived all over and tried a lot of those beers.  German beer is my favorite though.  Can't beat it

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm actually not much of a beer person, but, most of those people have listed I have tried and I am partial to Sam Adams out of Boston.  Someday I hope to travel to the UK and sample some Brews there AT the correct room temperature.  Not to mention some good single malt whiskey's!

ozymandias wrote:

I'm actually not much of a beer person, but, most of those people have listed I have tried and I am partial to Sam Adams out of Boston.  Someday I hope to travel to the UK and sample some Brews there AT the correct room temperature.  Not to mention some good single malt whiskey's!

Oh yeah ozymandias! Samuel Adams is some dang good beer. I have yet to sample one that I did not immensely enjoy. I used to, in my younger days, chug down Hamms, Black Label, Schaefer, Milwaukees Best(the beast) and generic Kroger(supermarket) beer. It(Kroger beer) came in a yellow can with "BEER"
written in black letters. Oh the good ole days!!!.........I get a hangover headache just thinkin' about 'em. Hope all's well with you and the family.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.