Topic: Random thoughts

Just got back from Florida and it was great meeting SouthPaw41L at the place he was playing in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida. 

It was a great vacation break from the cold and snow of Maine.  And it was neat meeting an admin. and fellow guitar lover from chordie.  Plus, as we left, he played my favorite song, "After Midnight" by JJ Cale.   Thanks SouthPaw, that was a nice touch in a very enjoyable vacation.  In fact it made my wife start planning the 2009 trip to the same place for a new years date.  Now if I can only get enough practice and skill under my belt to be able to fill in on his breaks!  OY  the pressure...<grin>

So this thread is for any other random thoughts by chordie members as they pop up.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Re: Random thoughts

Thanks for the kind words Steve. It wouldn't take much practice for you not only to 'play during my breaks'. Careful not to practice too much, the owners might can me and hire you! It was a pleasure meeting you, your lovely wife, and your charming, talented daughter. It's cool to put faces with posts here on Chordie. Meeting you and your family was the highlight of my evening. Let me know when you're gonna be down here and I'll secure a 'righty' guitar or two for you and your daughter to 'strut yer stuff'!!!

Peace and Guitars,
Toney

Give everything but up.

Happy New Year, one and all and especially to those Down Under who got started on 2009 before the rest of us.  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I just saw a YouTube video of Celine Dion singing AC/DC's "Shook me all night long".  <groan>

Anybody got any brain bleach??

Ozy - If you're old enough and don't have any biologic or excessive habitual reasons to avoid it, that stuff is readily available. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Maybe so,  thats why I avoid music that affronts my senses and sensibilities.  And made my listening to SouthPaw's playing as well as those of other Chordie members on YouTune especially enjoyable and apprciated!

ozymandias wrote:

I just saw a YouTube video of Celine Dion singing AC/DC's "Shook me all night long".  <groan>

Anybody got any brain bleach??

thanks for the warning. I will be avoiding this

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending