Topic: Looking For Easier Instrumental Songs

Hello fellow chordites...
I have been playing easier strum along songs for about a year now. Nothing too difficult but beyond beginner (Free Fallin', Stuck In The Middle, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Cheesburger In Paradise, Bad Moon Rising, Blackbird, etc). Classic Rocker here. I am now looking for some melodic, lyricless, tunes that draw more attention to string play and less to vocals.
I am open to any Genre.
Suggestions?

2 (edited by ApeDoctor 2008-12-08 10:02:27)

Re: Looking For Easier Instrumental Songs

What about learning Clapton's version of classical gas?

Edit : Do you mean picking or strumming?

Also you listed Blackbird, have you tried picking it rather than strumming it? Truely a beautiful song. I myself have just learned (nearly!) it via the picking.

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Thanks ApeDoctor. I will look into Claptons version of Classical Gas.

As far as the picking or strumming question it doesn't matter which one. I'm just looking for playable intrumentals at the lower intermediate level.

Blackbird (Beatles) was one of the very first songs I learned to finger pick and I agree, it is a beautiful song. Anyone who is looking for a fun, playable, easy on the ears song should consider it. CLASSIC, CLASSIC, CLASSIC.

Any more suggestions out there?

I'd highly recomend Hotel California and House Of The Rising Sun.  Both can be done fingerstyle, with a thumb or a pick.

They sound great on almost any type of guitar.

Good luck