Topic: Don't Want to Cry

Another post reminded of this unfinished song (I have many). I wrote this for my dog. She had lyme disease and it appeared she wasn't going to make it but actually is still with me albeit very old. The recording is very rough and unfinished and honestly, will probably remain this way. 

DON'T WANT TO CRY

Capo 5th

Verse      Cmaj7 032000     Am 003320
Chorus     Em (sort of) 010000 F 113321  Em (sort of) 010000  G 320001

HIPS ARE GONE; SOMETHING'S WRONG...SHE'S OLD
SLEEP ALL DAY; DON'T WANT TO PLAY...SO COLD
SEEMS REAL BAD;TIMES WE HAD...WERE GOLD
END IS NEAR; SO ARE TEARS...EMOTIONS UNFOLD

Chorus
I DON'T WANT TO SAY GOOD BYE
I DON'T WANT TO CRY

TWILIGHT HAS COME; CAN'T BE UNDONE...MY DEAR
ANGUISH CUTS;NO AND, IF OR BUTS...I'M HERE
HOLDING YOU TIGHT; SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT....SEEMS SEVERE
GRIEF IS REAL; SO HARD TO CONCEAL...AND SINCERE

Chorus
I DON'T WANT TO SAY GOOD BYE
I DON'T WANT TO CRY

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu … ID=1017394

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Re: Don't Want to Cry

hi geoaguiar lovely feelings in this one,reminds me of when we lost ours,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

daddycool wrote:

hi geoaguiar lovely feelings in this one,reminds me of when we lost ours,well done.....stay cool

Thanks. It felt good to write it too

Elvis Costello

HI geo smile

Lots of emotion packed into this piece for sure and rightfully so. Glad to hear she pulled through and is still with you. It must have been scary for a while.

Well Done
Ken

PS I had a listen to Rosalie again..sweet song smile   I'm curious why you haven't posted the link up for Fat Sh*t, or did I miss it along the way. Your talent to write and produce really shines in this one.

Cheers

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

HI geo smile

Lots of emotion packed into this piece for sure and rightfully so. Glad to hear she pulled through and is still with you. It must have been scary for a while.

Well Done
Ken

PS I had a listen to Rosalie again..sweet song smile   I'm curious why you haven't posted the link up for Fat Sh*t, or did I miss it along the way. Your talent to write and produce really shines in this one.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. I work with a partner sometimes who is way more talented than I. The music is his...only the lyrics are mine on Fat Sh*t. BTW, it was just a fun little ditty using all samples; neither of us play anything on that one. Just a fun little with Mixcraft 5 software.

Elvis Costello

Hi geo,some well written verses here,I hope you can keep your dog well for along time,I have a couple of cats and they are just like my family.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks for sharing Geo. Enjoyed listening to your music.
and Where did "Busted Pink Jesus" come from.  smile
ark